Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A little bit of everything.



Wednesday always feels like a much busier day than it really is. The big kids have half days every Wednesday, which means they get out at 1:35pm instead of 3:35pm. It seems like by the time I get my errands ran, or appointments taken care of, it is time to run back and get the boys from school. Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy having them home a few extra hours those days.







The other night, sometime while I was sleeping, my cell phone overheated. I tried different batteries, and chargers, but nothing would turn it on. I went a few days without a phone, and finally had to suck it up and buy a new one. I went with a cheap, back to basics type of phone. This phone looks decent, and was perfectly in my budget, but it feels strange not having a smart phone after having one all these years. This phone is so simple, that it barely wants to text message! I kind of like having this simple phone, with no temptations on it. It does what it is supposed to, it calls people, and lets people call me. Simple is good. The only down side to losing my phone so suddenly, was losing all of my contacts. So, I hope people don't think I am blowing them off by not sending messages or calling.




I have been trying to simplify my life, get rid of anything in the house that we don't use on a daily basis. This excludes pictures that are stored, and keepsakes of course. We seem to have so much junk between the 7 kids, and myself, that it feels like endless clutter. It ended up being a much bigger task than I had anticipated, so it is taking me much longer than I expected. It's okay, in the end the reward is all the same.




After not having rain for quite some time, we are now back into the cold wet season. The time of the year that all of the leaves turn pretty colors, and the summer clothes must be packed away. Hoodies, jackets and hats are all hanging by the door, waiting for someone to grab them on the way out. Playing barefoot outside is no longer an option, and the heater is being used more often. This is my favorite time of the year, and I just love all of the festivities that come along with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment