Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November.

This past month has gone by faster than all of the rest. Each week seems to pass quicker than the last. Before we know it, the year will be coming to an end, and we will be starting a new one.

This past month we have had a number of different sicknesses run through our house. Passed from one child, to the next, and then back through the loop. It seems as though we are all on the mend, and I pray that once it is gone, we will all be healthy for a while. RSV season is among us, though, so I have a feeling we will spend most of this winter battling the sniffles.


Memphis is standing up more and more by the day, and is getting pretty sturdy. He has even ventured into taking a few steps here and there, before he plops down on his bottom. He is coming up on 20 months, and I feel like he should be a full on walker by his 2nd birthday. I am so incredibly proud of the progress he has made this year. Watching him stand up, and empty out a toy box with his brothers has brought me more joy than I can even explain.


Avery is starting to feel like herself again, it seems, and has even flashed me a few happy smiles. She is such a morning person, that I get most of my smiles then. She recently had a weight check, and after losing half a pound she is now 10lbs. She goes in for another weight check next week. We have added a new prescription to her milk, in hopes to help her gain weight at a more normal speed. She is not an unhealthy weight, but we are not wanting her to slip under the charts, and get too far behind. Her new prescription will be delivered once a month to the house, and added to her already vamped formula that she currently is getting. Her current stats are 10lbs and 21.5 inches.



I have been in a knitting rut, and in my attempts to get out of such a rut, I have started knitting some random things. I made some sweet little double ruffled scrappy longies, and am now knitting some double ruffle longies for Avery. I haven't had as much knitting time as I would like, but I am slowly getting things done here and there. I enjoy knitting so much, I just haven't had the time or the energy to pick up my needles until now. These new longies are just a double ruffle away from being finished, and I can't wait to see them in action.

Now that the weather has cooled down, and the rain has started up again, we have been spending most of our time indoors. The boys have been making all kinds of crazy forts, and reading more of their favorite stories. I just love this time of the year, and can not wait for the holidays that are coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment