Sunday, January 27, 2013

Things have been a little bit busy.

Some new longies I knit for Avery

Avery had surgery done to put a g-tube in. She did amazing recovering, and is now getting small feeds. My tiny girl is now weighing in at an amazing 11lbs 4oz, and is continuing to gain at a decent speed. Once she is able to to handle 30mls of milk through her g-tube she will be able to come home. Right now she is at 18 mls, and increasing 1 ml every 4 hours. She had one incident over the weekend where her stomach swelled up a bit, but she is doing amazing. I miss her to pieces, and can not wait until she is back under the same roof as the rest of us.

Memphis, 22 months old.

This weekend we had an inspection, and are signing another lease in our current home. I had originally planned on finding another home, but in the same area so the kids could keep going to the school they are so very fond of. Time kind of got away from me, and it was time for inspection. I decided that the best thing to do is to stay put, and it is a good feeling to not have to think about moving and everything that comes along with it. The fun part is now that I know we will be staying in our current home, I can think about decorating and making it feel more like a home. This is something I have always wanted to do, but since we have moved to often, and I was thinking we wouldn't be staying here for that long, I put it off.

Kannon, age 4.
I am now 36.5 weeks pregnant, and counting down until delivery day. I currently have 18 days of pregnancy left, which is incredible. I purchased a pack n play, and set it up as a bassinet in my room next to my bed, and next to Avery's bed. Seeing two super adorable (and pink!) baby beds in my room is surreal. While getting everything ready and planned out for Avery's return home, I am also preparing to bring home someone brand new. The newborn cloth diapers have been washed and stacked up on the shelf, and the tiny newborn clothes have been folded and put in the dresser. I am slowly crossing things off on my 'before baby is born' to do list, and it feels good. I had an OB appointment and a NST (non stress test) done a few days ago, and everything looked great. I have been putting so much of it off, because I feared we would not make it this far, but here we are, and I am so incredibly grateful.



The new baby's bed


Avery's bed, filled with all of her Christmas goodies, waiting for her to come home!
So here we are, the end of yet another weekend. Preparing for a new week to begin, and all the business that comes along with it. Here is to hoping I get even more checked off on my to do list, and that things continue to fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. I love those little longies with the ruffle at the bottom! Do you have a pattern for them you could share??

    ReplyDelete