Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Olive Grace - February 8th, 2013.

On February 8th, at 6:36pm, Olive Grace entered the world.
She weighed 5lbs 15oz, and was 19 inches long.



I expected her to look just like her sister, but to my surprise, they looked nothing alike. They wrapped her up, and laid her on my chest, which is the very first time I have ever experienced this. She was incredibly soft, and so squishy. She immediately attempted to latch on to my face, and was eager to start nursing from the start. Once the c-section was over, they placed her in my arms and we were wheeled back to our recovery room together.


She was so tiny, yet looked so big, all at the same time. She makes the sweetest little squeaking noises, and loves to be snuggled. I was surprised to see that she had a bit of beautiful blonde hair.



We stayed at the hospital for two days, and then we were discharged to go home. Olive weighed 5lbs 6oz the day of discharge.

It felt amazing to be able to bring her home with me straight away. It feels amazing to have all 8 of my children home, under one roof. I am so blessed, and could not be more in love.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations! I just love your updates, I have 2 boys myself and a stillborn baby boy in 2011 watching from above. I always look at your tribe with a slight feeling of envy, you are so blessed! I told my boys just this a.m. that someone I 'know' on the internet has 6 boys and (at the time of speaking) 1 girl. They were all "wow, how cool, we'd always, ALWAYS have someone to play with!"

    Enjoy your latest addition to the family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the newest little in your family!

    ReplyDelete