Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dear Avery,

It has only been a couple of days with out you. It feels like a lifetime. Our entire world revolved around you, my dear, and now there are constant reminders every where we look. It hasn't sunken in yet. It doesn't feel real. I keep looking over expecting to see your tiny feet sticking out of your rock n play, happily rocking back and forth. I keep expecting to reach over and pick you up, only the chair is empty.

When I get in the car, or turn on the radio, every song reminds me of you. Things like 'knocking on heavens door' come on, and I can't help but think that is your way of saying hello. Please say hello more often, my love.

Today is mommy's birthday. My only wish would be to hold you in my arms, just one more time. To see your sweet smile that lit up your entire face. To hear that silent little giggle you had, when you were the most happy. How will I go on with out those things?

Today I have to say the hardest thing I will ever have to say. Today I have to tell your brothers that you are not coming home. How do you get the strength to say something like that to your children? They wished on stars for you, sweet girl. You were loved and adored from day one. I know their world is coming crashing down today, and it breaks my heart.

I don't know how we will get through this. But I know that we will, some how. Little miss, you taught us more in your short 2 years, than we could have learned in a lifetime. You were our little miracle, a special gift from above. I am forever grateful to have know you, love you, and call you my daughter.

Mommy misses you, Sassy.




7 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you, your family and you children. Sending hugs and love as you continue on your path of healing. You are a strong woman and an amazing mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know no words can ever help heal your heart, but mine is breaking for you. Praying for your family and sending you all the positive vibes I can. I hope all the great memories help and know that those can never be taken away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here come the tears again! This is beautiful, Savannah. Avery was a special little girl, and we were all blessed to have "known" her through your pictures, updates, and blog posts. Thank you for sharing her with us. I know she touched my life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so sad for you and have been praying for you and the children. May the LORD be with you in this time, thank you for sharing her life with us, she is a beautiful girl and had impact on so many people. I have been following her story and your family since her birth, I don't comment often but wanted to let you know you are in our prayers and I think of you many times a day. Please know you are loved

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart is so broken for you all. She was a true miracle and will definitely be missed. She was truly loved and you can tell that from her pictures. I am so sorry Savannah. I love you very much. If you need anything, anything at all, let me know. <3!
    -Whitney S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my thoughts and prayers are with you x no words can express how you must be feeling x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart breaks for you and your family Thank you for allowing us to share little Avery's life with you. My prayers are with you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete